Thursday, October 28, 2010

Talk about falling off the atmosphere!!

Why, hello, blogworld!! I know, I know!! I've been gone for a LOOOONG time... But I've been SUPER busy... So busy that I have barely had any time to cook!! It's been fast food heaven for me over these past 8 months!! Don't believe me? Ask my spare tires and back flab!! They'll vouch for me!! 
Anyway... In light of this new information that I am CERTAIN you can die happy now knowing... I have a little piece of summer paradise to bring you!!

hahahaaaaaa.... U tink eye gon shea zat info MAY shun wichuuu??? muahahahahaha!! 

okay... being serious now... sort of...

ehem...

Wait for it.... Waaaaaaait fooooor iiiiiiiiiiit....

COUS COUS A L'AMOUR POUR YOUR FISIQUE!! 

(( crickets ))  






((crickets))







OH, COME ON!!!

FINE!! 

wait for it.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit....

"NOT JUANITA'S AVERAGE COUS COUS" 


still no good??

alright.... FINE!! 

sheesh... tough crowd, here... 


((drum roll, please!!))


LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE ONE...

THE ONLY...

A CLASSIC HISPANIC/ORIENTAL DISH 

MODIFIED WITH LOVE

TO BECOME 

A TRIED AND TRUE WEIGHT-WATCHER'S,

FLAVOR-SEEKER'S, 

MOMMY-WITH-PICKY-KIDS-WHO-DON'T-LIKE-VEGGIES-BUT-WHO-HAVE-TO-FEED-THEM-VEGGIES'S

FAVORITE COUS COUS RECIPE OF ALL TIME...

I GIVE YOU---



"DeliCousCous"



 What do you think??
 It is an AWESOME side to any chicken or red meat dish and absolutely PERFECT by itself.

A healthy, delicious and easy cous cous dish where the couscous is cooked in a puree of  homemade minestrone, topped with shredded parmesan!! 

Sure to please any palate!!

Now, before I share with you one of my reasons for living (a.k.a delicouscous recipe),
I want you to know that I will by NO means be offended if you prefer to substitute (AT HOME WHERE I CAN'T SEE AND THEREFORE CANNOT JUDGE OR THROW WOODEN SPOONS ACROSS THE COUNTER AT YOU) the veggies or spices with different ones, you can!! 

However, the MAIN ingredients are cabbage (or any leafy vegetable like spinach), carrots (use less carrots if you don't like the color orange or if you prefer less keratin), zucchini and my secret to a flavor-packed delicouscous is to use as little water as possible without the couscous being dry!! 

Oh!! And if you like, you can add a bouillion cube (chicken, meat, veggie--all the same)
to the cooking veggies to give it a real punch!! or kick... 
whatever tickles your tastebuds...

and NOW!!! IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!

hehe... sorry...

DELICOUSCOUS

INGREDIENTS
(for four servings)

-1 cup couscous
-4 or 5 leaves of cabbage (use more if using spinach)
-1 medium carrot, chopped
-1 large zucchini, chopped (or 2 small zucchini)
-4 tablespoons of olive oil (1 tbsp per portion, basically)
1/2 tomatoe, diced
-salt and pepper to taste
-boullion cube (optional)

Directions

1. Throw veggies in a pot and fill pot with JUST ENOUGH WATER TO COVER VEGGIES.

2. Pour in oil. Cover pot and boil for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
You know that it's ready when the carrots are tender and the water has evaporated.
(at that point, if you wish to add a boullion cube, do so at this time)

3. When most of the water has nearly evaporated (the veggies are cooking in the 'sauce') and the carrots are tender, remove from pot and pour veggies directly in a food processor (or hand process or blend) and puree the veggies. NOT IN A CREAM, JUST LUMPY!!

4. Pour the puree back into the pot and bring to a boil. Add couscous and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off heat. The couscous will continue cooking.

5. Allow to cool and SERVE!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back my lovely friend! I missed your recipes! Love the cous cous one... what do you usually serve it with? We go for a nice tagine, but I can't seem to find any great recipes for them...ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heeeeey!! i would recommend a small piece of meat or chicken... but the portion is pretty filling by itself...

    ReplyDelete